• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    nope read the post
    Well then that answers your question. The charity will do the vetting. Such charities are used to dealing with people like this and do differentiate between those needing help, and those who are bad news... you develop a nose for it as well as being involved in the communities to hear what's going on. At least those I know working in homeless care and social work for the deprived work this way. They set quite strict rules and enforce them because discipline and understanding consequences is something that is often missing. Being kind and charitable doesn't mean being naive.

we all know you want to exploit some asylum seeker rather than training up a local , "may your morals be overridden by greed" not sure where that was on the stone tablet...
    What?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Have you been studying NLYUK's business model?
      NLYUK's staff don't get any employment benefits.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

been a landlord long?
        Why? Do YOU have a secret history working with socially deprived people and low-income housing you'd like to share with us?
        Because my church is involved in several such projects and I know people on the "front lines" so to speak as well as a few of the people they've helped turn their lives around. So I've seen how they work with people, heard about the challenges a soft southern middle-class person faces trying to impose discipline on a group of rough uneducated northerners who view flitting in and out of prison as quite normal, etc.

And since you ask I have been renting out my house in a deprived, low-income area for about 8 years, after we lived there a few years ourselves and saw for ourselves what it was like. So yes.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

NLYUK's staff don't get any employment benefits.
          They just come and go. Or is that the client base?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Why? Do YOU have a secret history working with socially deprived people and low-income housing you'd like to share with us?
            Because my church is involved in several such projects and I know people on the "front lines" so to speak as well as a few of the people they've helped turn their lives around. So I've seen how they work with people, heard about the challenges a soft southern middle-class person faces trying to impose discipline on a group of rough uneducated northerners who view flitting in and out of prison as quite normal, etc.

And since you ask I have been renting out my house in a deprived, low-income area for about 8 years, after we lived there a few years ourselves and saw for ourselves what it was like. So yes.
            My family have, after watching them trying to figure out how to pay the bills when some barsteward did a moonlight flit after not paying rent for 3-6 months (happened frequently as many were from abroad and once their degree ended they just went home leaving debt everywhere) , tenants that rendered the rooms uninhabitable (some really unbelievable sights) , being short on the electric bill because they had bypassed the meter in their room, the ones that hit my father & threatened my family I decided not to do it.

Some people are just horrible and I admire your commitment but honestly I'm cynical.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ian Brady loved Filet o’ Fish, insist McDonald’s

Comment

Working...
              X