• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL: it's NOT the Boomers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So all positive outcome then....
    I doubt it.

Crash in high end of London's market will drag other segments lower too, and it would have ripple effect outside of London.

I'll probably take that Russian Consulate building in Kensington & Chelsea when it is on a market for a fiver.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I doubt it.

Crash in high end of London's market will drag other segments lower too, and it would have ripple effect outside of London.

I'll probably take that Russian Consulate building in Kensington & Chelsea when it is on a market for a fiver.
      It will just rebalance the UK economy. And people will be far happier as there will be more equality.

Comment

It will just rebalance the UK economy. And people will be far happier as there will be more equality.
        The only time people are equal is after they die ...

Comment

yeah the really rich people will just buy more property via shell companies etc & the renters will be shafted. FTBs will sad face on DM all day.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

People buying property they don't liv in with a mortgage is wrong. Removing tax relief on BTL mortgages is a start. A tax on rental income is also needed.
            What? Like income tax you mean? The tax that is already applied to B2L profit after mortgage relief (which is also about to be removed)?
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              yeah the really rich people will just buy more property via shell companies etc & the renters will be shafted. FTBs will sad face on DM all day.
              Osborne already increases taxes massively on foreign companies buying property - that's was typical for rich foreigners to do since it was hiding true owner of the property.

From what I've ready right now high end London property is totally unattractive to rich foreigners, falling prices don't encourage buyers either.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                What? Like income tax you mean? The tax that is already applied to B2L profit after mortgage relief (which is also about to be removed)?
                I mean in addition to income tax. The market has been skewed for too long.

How are young people supposed to get on the housing ladder? Though as they don't vote, f**k em....

Comment

I mean in addition to income tax. The market has been skewed for too long.

How are young people supposed to get on the housing ladder? Though as they don't vote, f**k em....
                  Build more houses, have fewer people want them!

done
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Build more houses, have fewer people want them!

done
                    Lets stop immigration. And then re-patriate all the ones here.

Starting with the French....

Comment

Lets stop immigration. And then re-patriate all the ones here.

Starting with the French....
                      Moi???

Comment

Working...
                      X