• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles Aznavour

94, after an 80 year career. Not a bad innnings.

Charles Aznavour, French singing star, dies at 94 - BBC News

Last edited by DaveB; 1 October 2018, 12:49.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Charles Aznvour

94, after an 80 year career. Not a bad innnings.

Charles Aznavour, French singing star, dies at 94 - BBC News
      Actually surprised he was still alive. Thought he'd popped his clogs years ago.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Centre for Alternative Technology?

or a small furry killer ?
        "College of Advanced Technology", invented, apparently, in 1956.

Loughborough was one until 1966, as was UWIST in Cardiff amongst others, subsequently becoming full blown (oooer mrs) Universities.

Focus was on Engineering and such like.

Then they branched out into meeja studies etc.

College of advanced technology (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Carlos Ezquerra, co-creator of Judge Dredd, among many other characters: Carlos Ezquerra - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Carlos Ezquerra, co-creator of Judge Dredd, among many other characters: Carlos Ezquerra - Wikipedia
            Fiends of the Eastern Front had to be my favourite non-Judge Dredd story.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

He was the main man behind Strontium Dog. I'm very surprised he hasn't made it on to the big screen yet but I'm certain it wi. Shame he didn't in Carlos's time.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I used to get Battle as a kid - well remember Rat Pack and Major Eazy

RIP Carlos
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue, the inspiration for Buddy Holly's songs, dies at 78 | Daily Mail Online

• Peggy Sue Gerron Rackham, 78, died on Monday at the University Medical Center in Lubbock, Texas, according to UMC spokesman Eric Finley
                  • Gerron was born in Olton, Texas, but moved to Lubbock where she attended high school and met Buddy Holly and his friend
                  • Her namesake would be used in Holly's 1958 hit 'Peggy Sue'
                  • Holly would go on and eventually write a sequel song 'Peggy Sue Got Married' before dying in a February 3, 1959, plane crash in Iowa
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My uncle being a Judge Dredd huge fan is going to be sad hearing this.

Comment

Montserrat Caballé, Barcelona opera singer, dies at 85 Montserrat Caballe, Barcelona opera singer, dies at 85 - BBC News
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X