• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Gary Rhodes, the celebrity chef known for his passion for British cuisine, has died at the age of 59.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Feck that's no age

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Gary Rhodes, the celebrity chef known for his passion for British cuisine, has died at the age of 59.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

How did he die?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        How did he die?
        He stopped breathing.

Try it.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          He stopped breathing.

Try it.
          Nope still here

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            How did he die?
            Unknown as of yet.

Although the stats inform us being a Chef is incredibly stressful and rampant with drug abuse. Gordon Ramsey did a piece on the subject not lone ago.

Findings from trade union Unite show that 69 percent of chefs say their stressful work life has had an impact on their mental and physical wellbeing.

Findings from trade union Unite show that 69 percent of chefs say their stressful work life has had an impact on their mental and physical wellbeing.
            But no matter how stressful your office job may feel, it will likely pale in comparison to that of an overworked chef. A busy line cook will work long, late-night shifts over a steaming stove in a confined space, navigating knives, hot plates, and the endless demands of a frazzled front-of-house team.

Unsurprisingly, such intense working conditions will take their toll. A new survey, carried out by trade union Unite and sent to 265 union members in London, has found that chefs' long working hours are impacting their physical and mental health.
            I can well imagine operating high end restaurants in Dubai would be very demanding.

No age to die.
            Last edited by scooterscot; 28 November 2019, 10:17.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Jonathan Miller: Jonathan Miller, director and humorist, dies at 85 - BBC News

Goodbye Perkins.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Unknown as of yet.

Although the stats inform us being a Chef is incredibly stressful and rampant with drug abuse. Gordon Ramsey did a piece on the subject not lone ago.

I can well imagine operating high end restaurants in Dubai would be very demanding.

No ago to die.
                Huge fan of his Bread & Butter pudding, using the bain-marie method. I shall be making one this weekend in his honour.

It's what he would have wanted.

RIP G Rhodes.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

And now Clive James

Australian broadcaster Clive James dies at 80 - BBC News

Comment

Winter chill getting in early

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Winter chill getting in early
                      I believe he's been 'terminally ill' for about 5 years. I almost met him once, many years ago near the old Arsenal stadium. I said hello, and he ignored me. On reflection, I suspect he made the right call on that one...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X