• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatles photographer Astrid Kirchherr dies aged 81 | Music | The Guardian

Comment

Polish WWII fighter pilot, 97, dies of coronavirus in New York City | Daily Mail Online

Polish WWII fighter pilot, 97, who flew 100 missions with the British Royal Air Force after the Nazis invaded his country dies of coronavirus in New York City

• Jerzy Glowczewski, 97, died of complications from COVID-19 on April 13 in New York City
      • Glowczewski fled his home in Warsaw, Poland, after Nazi soldiers attacked his city in 1939
      • He and his stepfather fled the Warsaw, and searched for what remained of the Polish army
      • Glowczewski served with the Allie Forces in the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade in Egypt and Libya for a time
      • He then traveled to Britain to become a fighter pilot with the Royal Air Force
      • Glowczewski completed 100 missions with the Royal Air Force and received the Polish Cross of Valor three times
      • He later became an architecture who worked in the United States, Egypt and Poland
      • Glowczewski last worked as a architecture professor at Pratt Institute New York
      • He is believed to have been the last surviving member of a group of Polish exiles who joined the Royal Air Force to fight the Nazis.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Fred Willard, much-loved star of Best in Show and This is Spinal Tap, dies aged 86 | Film | The Guardian

Comment

Thomas The Tank Engine narrator Michael Angelis dies suddenly

Comment

Was thinking 'who'?, but just read the link and he's the chap from possibly one of the best tv shows of the 80's - Boys from the Blackstuff. Don't have kids, so i never knew he'd taken over from Ringo on Thomas.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

His wig wam will no longer bam

The Sweet bassist Steve Priest dies aged 72 | Music | The Guardian

Comment

Rupert Hine, producer for Tina Turner, Rush and Underworld, has died aged 72

Cue a surge of people trying to pronounce

Taumatawhakatangihangakoayauo-
                Tamateaturipukakapikimaungahoro-
                Nukypokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Comment

His love finally died.

Ricky Valance: First Welshman to have solo UK Number One dies - BBC News
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Willie Thorne

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Willie Thorne
                      I was due to watch him in an exhibition match but lockdown put a stop to it.

RIP Willie
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X