• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regis Philbin, iconic US TV host, dies aged 88 - BBC News
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Olivia de Havilland, star of Gone with the Wind, dies at 104 | Film | The Guardian

Comment

John Saxon.

John Saxon - IMDb

Nightmare on Elm Street.

Joe Kidd.

Enter the Dragon.

He kept putting off writing his autobiography.

Too late now.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          John Saxon.

John Saxon - IMDb

Nightmare on Elm Street.

Joe Kidd.

Enter the Dragon.

He kept putting off writing his autobiography.

Too late now.
          Love Enter The Dragon - Got me into the genre for both films and TV shows
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Alan Parker, director of Midnight Express and Bugsy Malone, dies aged 76 | Film | The Guardian

Comment

His daughter was at my school, so we were able to stage Bugsy Malone in 1979 (might have been 1980), using costumes and splurge guns sourced from Pinewood studios. The guns used compressed air to fire splurge. The effect wasn't good enough for film, where instead they just switched between shots, and threw splurge at the victims, but they were pretty good for stage.

Great film and a formative part of my childhood.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

John Hume: Nobel Peace Prize winner dies aged 83 - BBC News

Might not have been popular with extremists, but he was one of the key people behind bringing peace to Ireland and the end of The Troubles.
                Not linked to terror organisations, he was heavily involved in Civil Rights - again something that (still) isn't popular with extremists.

"Over the years, the barriers of the past—the distrust and prejudices of the past—will be eroded, and a new society will evolve, a new Ireland based on agreement and respect for difference."
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Some producer.

Martin Birch dead: Iconic heavy metal producer dies aged 71 | Metro News.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2020, 17:37.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

RIP Kamala - Wrestling legend: US wrestler James 'Kamala' Harris dies aged 70, WWE confirms - BBC News
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Trini Lopez, US singer and star of The Dirty Dozen, dies aged 83 from Covid-19 | Pop and rock | The Guardian

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X