• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked his version of "Lemon Tree"

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

A Dead Pixel...

Russell Kirsch, inventor of pixel, passes away at 91 - The Hindu

Pixels weren’t an obvious innovation in 1957, when Russell Kirsch created a small, 2-by-2-inch black-and-white digital image of his son, Walden, as an infant.

(Subscribe to our Today's Cache newsletter for a quick snapshot of top 5 tech stories. Click here to subscribe for free.)

Russell Kirsch, a computer scientist credited with inventing the pixel and scanning the world’s first digital photograph, died Aug. 11 at his home in Portland, Oregon, The Oregonian reported. He was 91.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Julian Bream.

Not much good at playing a guitar behind his head though, nor setting it on fire.

Julian Bream - Wikipedia
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Andy Haden - Man Mountain. RIP

Andy Haden obituary | Register | The Times
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Sarek / Harold Abrahams

Chariots Of Fire and Star Trek actor Ben Cross dies aged 72 after a short illness | Daily Mail Online

Chariots Of Fire and Star Trek actor Ben Cross dies aged 72 after a short illness

• Ben Cross was known for his portrayal of Harold Abrahams in Chariots Of Fire
            • Mr Cross had also starred as Sarek in the 2009 reboot film Star Trek
            • The actor died early on Tuesday morning in Vienna, his family confirmed
            • He in survived by his wife Deyana Boneva Cross and his three children
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I guess "Live Long & Prosper" doesn't always work.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Guitarist Jack Sherman dies aged 64 - BBC News
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And another one: Walter Lure of NYC punk legends The Heartbreakers has died

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Jason's Donner Van

Stowmarket explosion: Two hurt in pub burger van blast - BBC News

Comment

Dead Celebrities Thread

Chadwick Boseman has died of cancer aged 43 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53955912
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X