• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark E Smith according to Beeb (Breaking news).

Not really a fan of The Fall. He looked not well.

RIP Edward

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Mark E Smith.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ction-14199592

Comment

Mary Lee Berners-Lee: Computer scientist who became one of the world’s first freelance programmers in the 1950s.
        "She led a successful campaign at Ferranti for equal pay for male and female programmers, almost two decades before the Equal Pay Act came into force. As a young mother in the mid-1950s she set up on her own as a home-based software consultant, making her one of the world’s first freelance programmers.

…After the birth of her first child in 1955, Mary Lee turned to what she called “cottage industry” programming, writing programs at home to track weather balloons for the Air Ministry and to solve problems of “bus-bunching” for London Transport, among others."

She may not have been quite as well known as her eldest son, who made this thing you're reading this stuff on, but as possibly the UK's first IT contractor managing to WFH for some pretty high-profile clients, I think she deserves a mention on here

Comment

Howard Lew Lewis, 76

Police in Edinburgh investigate Maid Marian actor's death - BBC News

Comment

Swedish furniture guy: IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad dies, aged 91 | News | DW | 28.01.2018
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Wonder if he still gets staff discount?

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              They can always use the van hire as a cheap hearse.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                They can always use the van hire as a cheap hearse.

You can tell that is fake by the prices!

Comment

Dennis Edwards RIP https://youtu.be/pJV2pWFyfn4
                  "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

RIP John Mahoney.

John Mahoney, the Cantankerous Dad on 'Frasier,' Dies at 77 | The Hollywood Reporter

Comment

Beat me to it. Loved Frasier, never realised he was a 'proper' actor John Mahoney: British-born Frasier actor dies aged 77 - BBC News
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X