• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV jingle composer who drove Brits mad with ditties for 1980s Shake n' Vac and Bird's Eye Potato Waffles adverts dies aged 78

Composer of 1980s TV jingles for Shake n' Vac and Bird's Eye dies aged 78 | Daily Mail Online

I'll bet many of us can still sing the song even though we haven't heard it for a few decades!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      TV jingle composer who drove Brits mad with ditties for 1980s Shake n' Vac and Bird's Eye Potato Waffles adverts dies aged 78

Composer of 1980s TV jingles for Shake n' Vac and Bird's Eye dies aged 78 | Daily Mail Online

I'll bet many of us can still sing the song even though we haven't heard it for a few decades!
      So waffly versatile... you bastard!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

RIP César Pelli.

César Pelli will be remembered as a designer of world-beating skyscrapers, but for him the quality of his projects was more important than their height. The Argentinian-American architect, who has died aged 92, is best known for the towering landmarks he added to the skylines around the world: the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (formerly the world’s tallest building), One Canada Square in London, the World Financial Center in New York, the Torre de Cristal in Madrid, the Gran Torre Santiago in the Chilean capital, the International Finance Centre in Hong Kong, and the Salesforce Tower in San Francisco.
        Cesar Pelli obituary | Art and design | The Guardian

Comment

Can't be bothered to sit through the ad so I can see that ad.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            So waffly versatile... you bastard!
            Grill 'em, bake 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em...

Do the shake n vac and get the freshness back

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Grill 'em, bake 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em...

Do the shake n vac and get the freshness back
              And fook up your hoover in the process. Yes, I was briefly house-trained, but every mistake proved so expensive I thought it better to outsource to an expert. And Mrs M hasn't stopped complaining since...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                And fook up your hoover in the process. Yes, I was briefly house-trained, but every mistake proved so expensive I thought it better to outsource to an expert. And Mrs M hasn't stopped complaining since...
                You can buy a tulipload of white goods for the price of 1 wife!

Just saying...
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  You can buy a tulipload of white goods for the price of 1 wife!

Just saying...
                  Not all of 'em - you couldn't even get a 2nd hand turkish fridge for the price of NLyUK's affections.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    And fook up your hoover in the process. Yes, I was briefly house-trained, but every mistake proved so expensive I thought it better to outsource to an expert. And Mrs M hasn't stopped moaning since...

FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Blade Runner star Rutger Hauer dies aged 75 - BBC News
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X