• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to see Gary on the early train rip

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      How did he die?
      Brain hemorrhage, according to his family. Very sad news. RIP.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Brain hemorrhage, according to his family. Very sad news. RIP.
        A guy posted a pic of them both i think a few days beforehand, Rhodes looked very ill.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Irving Louis Burgie / Lord Burgess has had his last day-o age 95.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            He was on "A Point of View" on R4 this very morning.

A repeat from 2008 IIRC.

Nope. It was 2007.

BBC Radio 4 - A Point of View, Clams are Happy
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bob Willis

England Cricket Legend. RIP.

Bob Willis, ex-England captain and Sky Sports Cricket expert, dies aged 70 | Cricket News | Sky Sports

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Sneering lefty Nash Kumar dies on stage, comedy gold YouTube
                "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
                  Sneering lefty Nash Kumar dies on stage, comedy gold YouTube
                  Where Do Comedians Go When They Die? (Great book by Milton Jones).
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bob Willis - England fast bowler has died at 70.

While Beefy gets all the plaudits for Headingley '81 it was Bob Willis storming down the hill to take those 8 wickets who was the unsung hero as today's piece by Geoff Boycott in the Telegraph says.

I remember seeing him outside Lords for a test match against the Windies in the early '80s - there was a big throng of schoolboys trying to get his autograph and he very sternly ordered us all to line up and form an orderly queue.

RIP.

Comment

Commander John Lorimer

X-Men: Tributes to last survivor of midget submarine raid - BBC News

The last survivor of the midget submarine raid against the German battleship Tirpitz has died, aged 97.Cdr John Lorimer was captured during the mission in Norway's Alten Fjord which featured X-craft, 52ft-long subs armed with explosive charges.
                      The Tirpitz, a sister of Bismarck, was badly damaged and was later sunk by RAF bombers.
                      The great grandfather, of Kirkmichael, Ayrshire, was awarded the Distinguished Service Order for his bravery.
                      Cdr Lorimer, who died on Sunday after a short illness, volunteered for the X-craft project after spotting a notice looking for volunteers with the caveat: "Must be able to swim".
                      Submariners in my experience are crazy but this was a special kind of crazy impressive.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X