• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorothy Fontana—one of the most influential writers in Star Trek's long history, a renowned teacher and mentor of screenwriters, and a trailblazer for women in Hollywood—passed away in her home in Los Angeles this week at the age of 80, according to a press release from the American Film Institute.

Star Trek writer and Hollywood trailblazer D.C. Fontana has died | Ars Technica

Comment

Caroll Spinney: Sesame Street's Big Bird puppeteer dies

Caroll Spinney: Sesame Street's Big Bird puppeteer dies - BBC News
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

René Auberjonois, who played shapeshifter Odo in ST:DS9, among innumerable other credits: Rene Auberjonois, 1940-2019

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          René Auberjonois, who played shapeshifter Odo in ST:DS9, among innumerable other credits: Rene Auberjonois, 1940-2019
          I didn't realise he played Fr. Mulcahy in the M*A*S*H Film
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies aged 61

Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies aged 61 | Music | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

No way, what a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sad news, RIP.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Ditto above "It Must Have Been Love" was esp. brill.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

An engineer rather than a singist:

George Laurer, co-inventor of the barcode, dies at 94 - BBC News
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Ditto above "It Must Have Been Love" was esp. brill.

I have a load of their albums in my library they always make me smile.

Joyride , listen to your heart & fingertips are favourites.

Church of your heart & The rain are worth a listen

their output was prodigious.

Roxette discography - Wikipedia

very sad waste.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X