• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    He hosted "Sale of the Century". Well, at 96 years of age, he nearly made his century. RIP Nick

Yep, Live from Norwich, it's the Quiz of the Week!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Nicolas Parsons.

His one and only hesitation.
      I saw Nicolas many times at the Edinburgh Fringe at his show in the caberet lounge in the pleasance, last show I saw he had turned 90!. He gave out smarties to the audience and had a razor sharp wit. A genuinely nice guy who everybody loved.

Comment

For those who remember Coronation Street in the 1970s, Ray Langton: Neville Buswell: Coronation Street pays tribute to former soap star - BBC News

Comment

now i'm sad................

Norton Motorcycles: 122 years of speed for famous brand - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Yep, me too. I once scraped the exhausts of a "Commando" riding through "Jubilee Bends" near Shaw.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

my first proper sized bike was an atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                my first proper sized bike was an atlas.

Mine was a chopper. Next year they might allow me to take the stabilisers off it.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Andy Gill of Gang of Four: Gang Of Four guitarist Andy Gill dies, aged 64 - BBC News

Saw them at the Students Union in 1980 or 81. Cracking gig

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Mine was a chopper. Next year they might allow me to take the stabilisers off it.

so it makes a smaller target?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

His Goose was finally cooked.

Mercenary 'Mad Mike' Hoare dies aged 100 - BBC News

The Seychelles can sleep easy now.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X