• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    His Goose was finally cooked.

Mercenary 'Mad Mike' Hoare dies aged 100 - BBC News

The Seychelles can sleep easy now.
    Read his book (Mercenary) when I was about 13 - interesting book.
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

now that is a pity

I'm not Spartacaus anymore

Kirk Douglas, Hollywood legend, dies at 103 - BBC News
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        103? crikey

Comment

Dyanne Thorne (1936-2020) is known as the lead actress in the ILSA film franchise of the 1970s (also known as GRETA or WANDA, depending on the release country), featuring "Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS", "Ilsa: Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks", "Ilsa, the Wicked Warden" and "Ilsa, the Tigress of Siberia".

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Caroline Flack taken her own life

Love Island presenter Caroline Flack dead after taking her own life at London flat
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Good. It is what should happen to those who abuse others.

Oh wait. A woman abusing a man. Totally allowed. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Oh wait. A woman abusing a man. Totally allowed. Carry on.
                I don't think death by suicide should be wished on anyone or their family. Her behaviour was wrong, absolutely, and to let her off would be a travesty. To take her own life shows she needed help and either didn't get it or felt she couldn't ask for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  But it hasn't happened to her. It's happened to everyone who loved her who's left behind. Surely you should know that.
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Harry Gregg, Manchester United and Northern Ireland great, dies aged 87 | Football | The Guardian

He is sometimes referred to as "The Hero of Munich" for his actions in the aftermath of the Munich air disaster, pulling his teammates – including Bobby Charlton, Jackie Blanchflower and Dennis Viollet – from the burning plane. Among others he helped were Vera Lukić, the pregnant wife of a Yugoslav diplomat and her two-year-old daughter, Vesna, as well as his badly injured manager, Matt Busby. George Best, who used to clean Gregg's boots, said, "Bravery is one thing but what Harry did was about more than bravery. It was about goodness."
                    Last edited by SimonMac; 17 February 2020, 09:56.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Can you imagine the spoilt children we call 'footballers' now doing something like that? They wouldn't want to mess up their hair...

Everyone thought Harry was an absolute hero - except Harry. RIP.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X