• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I don’t mean he died of Little & Large; he died of coronavirus.
    That's not entirely clear - he had coronavirus and he died. It's not clear how much that contributed to his death.

Eddie Large: Comedian dies aged 78 with coronavirus - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      So for Eddie it was being in Hospital that ensured his demise.
      Sounds like heart failure was the big one. Who knows if he'd have pulled through without contracting it?

Shows that self-isolation is so important with NHS staff stretched so much.
      Three key phrases from the whole thing:
      Don't trust China
      Flatten the curve
      Viral load
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Sounds like heart failure was the big one. Who knows if he'd have pulled through without contracting it?
        Very likely that heart failure would have killed him at some point but probably also a good chance that COVID-19 pushed it over the edge.

Comment

General discussion about counting your covid-19 dead shifted here: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...use-death.html
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bill Withers, influential soul singer behind Ain't No Sunshine, dies aged 81 | Music | The Guardian

Comment

He also did Lovely Day. Fantastic song, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Sadly I think that will be the case for many. Best not to do anything that might put you in hospital. Cyclists should bear that in mind...
                Indeed. As I was reminded while hopping around after clobbering myself with a mallet hammering stakes into the ground last weekend. Do not do anything risky. Do not eat toffees. Etc.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I only have to hear a snippet of that song, and I'm seeing the Hugh Grant scene as he walks through Notting Hill market - such a great song for a beautifully shot scene (even if you don't like romcoms, it's hard not to like that scene I think).
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I only have to hear a snippet of that song, and I'm seeing the Hugh Grant scene as he walks through Notting Hill market - such a great song for a beautifully shot scene (even if you don't like romcoms, it's hard not to like that scene I think).
                    Sad that he is no longer with us.

Too soon?

RIB Bill

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

It's finally caught up with Lord Bath: Coronavirus: Lord Bath dies after contracting Covid-19 - BBC News

RIP The loony, bright jumper wearing, animal loving, randy bugger.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X