• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Sergei Khrushchev, son of the first Soviet leader to leave power whilst still breathing, has died aged 84 from a gunshot wound to the head.
    Did he also learn to Love the Bomb?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

RIP Ennio Morricone

Ennio Morricone Dead: Prolific Italian Composer Was 91 | Hollywood Reporter
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Ah sad news. To me, Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo is the best Western film ever made.

I shall listen to the soundtrack today in his honour.

RIP Maestro

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Ah sad news. To me, Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo is the best Western film ever made.

I shall listen to the soundtrack today in his honour.

RIP Maestro

qh
          ...and I shall listen to the Geoff Love interpretation on Great Western Movie Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
            ...and I shall listen to the Geoff Love interpretation on Great Western Movie Themes
            Is that the one I turned into a plant pot?

It seems strangely familiar in a mediocre copy sort of way.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Is that the one I turned into a plant pot?

It seems strangely familiar in a mediocre copy sort of way.
              There was a whole series on the Music For Pleasue (mfp) label and I had the lot because mfp produced about the only LPs I could afford back on the pocket money I was on in those days.

This was a favourite (though as much as I love the Geoff Love sound, I don't think his version of Crossroads was quite as good as the Paul McCartney and Wings cover which closes out side 2 of their epic Venus and Mars album):

Comment

My all time favourite MFP LP was mastered from a tape where the tape hadn't been bulk erased and as side 2 progresses, the music I paid for is slowly enhanced by the louder parts of the 1812 overture, cannons & all.

Which was a bit unusual to say the least.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My all time favourite MFP LP was mastered from a tape where the tape hadn't been bulk erased and as side 2 progresses, the music I paid for is slowly enhanced by the louder parts of the 1812 overture, cannons & all.

Which was a bit unusual to say the least.
                  Maybe it was one of those LPs MFP produced to showcase the capabilities of the new stereo sound?

I bet you could hear those cannon balls whizzing right across your living room :
                  Last edited by Excursion UK; 6 July 2020, 14:19.

Comment

Alex Pullin
                    Alex Pullin: Australian world-champion snowboarder dies - BBC News
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sounds about as incongruous as a Jamaican bob sled team

Comment

Working...
                      X