• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Brian Edward Urquhart KCMG MBE (28 February 1919 – 2 January 2021)

The chap they didn't listen to when he said it was a bridge too far and look out for the SS Panzers.

Broke his back in 3 places in a failed parachute training accident: "you'll never walk again", and 6 months later he had returned to duty.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Charles Campion - Food critic dies aged 69

A man who clearly enjoyed his work.

Masterchef Critic Charles Campion Dies Aged 69 - Eater London
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Katharine Whitehorn, author and columnist who wrote the classic cookbook Cooking in a Bedsitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          As there seems to be a flurry of departed it might be easier just having one thread, today its RIP Hans Gruber

Alan Rickman, giant of British film and theatre, dies at 69 | Film | The Guardian
          “Happy” fifth anniversary to this thread
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            “Happy” fifth anniversary to this thread
            Will no mod rid us from this most depressing CUK thread?

tia

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

tia
              It woud be better if they rid the board of those constantly posting depressing DOOM threads

Just sayin like

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Katharine Whitehorn, author and columnist who wrote the classic cookbook Cooking in a Bedsitter.
                Bedsits are very on-topic here. As are bedwetters.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Siegfried Fischbacher: Member of magic duo Siegfried and Roy dies aged 81 - BBC News

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

tia
                    There are much more depressing threads, usually started by you protesting to be the doyen of official threads

Comment

Sylvain Sylvain

Guitarist and founder member of The New York Dolls

Sylvain Sylvain: New York Dolls guitarist dies aged 69 - BBC News
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X