• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawrence Ferlinghetti 1919-2021

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Wow he's actually old!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just reading that and at first I thought
        But he was as controversial as he was influential, accused of voicing racist, sexist and homophobic views throughout his career.
        I've no idea what is and isn't now. You have a slightly outdate, religous basis or just not being woke enough gets you these titles nowadays. I mean, I believe I am racist just because I am white nowadays. So he could be a bad man or just saying stuff as it is and the woke lot have labeled him

Then I see this
        Federal Communications Commission (FCC) repealed its fairness doctrine in 1987 - a regulation requiring US broadcasters to present both sides of a controversial opinion.
        And think, fine, if someone post a woke view then you have to deal with the other side of it which will end up with you getting called a racist or whatever when you are just doing exactly what the regulation says. So what's this guy done that's so wrong above discussing the unpopular side of an argument as he is legally obliged to do.

Then I read the stuff he's actually said and it all becomes clear ... Titles very well deserved it appears. Oh dear.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ly-age-80.html

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel actor Ronald Pickup dies peacefully at the age of 80 after a 'long illness'
          • His agent confirmed: 'Ronald Pickup actor aged 80 passed away peacefully yesterday after a long illness surrounded by his wife and family'
          • Ronald is survived by his wife Lans Traverse, who he married in 1964, and children, Rachel Pickup, an actress, and Simon Pickup
          • He is best known for his role the British-Indian comedies, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in 2011 and The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in 2015
          • The actor played Norman Cousins, an aged lothario, in the films, where he starred alongside Celia Imrie, Judi Dench and Diana Hardcastle
          • His TV credits include Hornblower, Coronation Street, Foyle's War, Midsomer Murders, Doc Martin, Waking The Dead, Silent Witness and Sherlock Holmes
          needs a picture then you will know him

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ly-age-80.html

needs a picture then you will know him

I know him as a mainstay of Jockanory in the '70s and '80s.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The photo it chose was quite alarming in this thread, I thought Shatner was dead!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

The photo it chose was quite alarming in this thread, I thought Shatner was dead!
                <gulp>

Comment

Originally posted by Gould The Swimmer View Post

I know him as a mainstay of Jockanory in the '70s and '80s.
                  Yep he has quietly been in everything doing a good job.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I thought it was he:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424050/

Played Charles "Mad Jack" Howard, 20th Earl of Suffolk, a "self taught" bomb disposal chap in WWII.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

R.I.P Hannu - rally legend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/56221414
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X