• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is gravy a sauce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is gravy a sauce?

I mean proper nothern gravy made from meat juices, none of this bisto crap you get down south
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I mean proper nothern gravy made from meat juices, none of this bisto crap you get down south
    I wouldn't class it as a sauce, I think its part of your 5 a day

Comment

I would say it's a sauce. What would you call it, if not a sauce? Soup?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

According to that font of all knowledge:

In traditional British cuisine, gravy is a sauce used on roast dinner.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Meat & Potato pie, chips peas and gravy from a Northern chippy - ambrosia!
          nom nom nom

Well worth the drive North for
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It's more than a sauce. It's necessary for life.

Comment

It's a gravy.

And nothing wrong with Bisto.

Comment

It is a sauce, but not in the same way the classic French Mother Sauces are. They rely on a roux to thicken then from the start rather than whisking in flour or corn flour at the end.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No, we do proper gravy down South too.

We boil up all of our bones then stick in it the freezer.
                  What else would you have on sausage and mash, Bisto.....pah!!!
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I would say it's a sauce. What would you call it, if not a sauce? Soup?
                    Jus?
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X