• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scrap Banking Guarantees for Savers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrap Banking Guarantees for Savers

I was waiting for this........grab your lube and get ready

Abolishing £75,000 per person insurance scheme could strengthen the UK economy
    It's all the stupid customers fault!

The presence of deposit guarantees has allowed depositors to take a “nonchalant attitude towards risk” he said

Scrap guarantees for savers' deposits to avoid banking crises, says think tank - Telegraph
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 15 January 2016, 11:44.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Scare people into moving more cash into the UK property market? The UK Bricks 'n' Mortar Ponzi scheme is looking a little shaky lately.

So are they suggesting it's okay to pay 0.1% interest, but with massive risk of them just saying "we are broke, thanks for your cash!".

Bankers = s

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Scare people into moving more cash into the UK property market? The UK Bricks 'n' Mortar Ponzi scheme is looking a little shaky lately.
      No, its fine, The Daily Express told me, prices are going to keep going up and up.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      So are they suggesting it's okay to pay 0.1% interest, but with massive risk of them just saying "we are broke, thanks for your cash!".
      Yup, in a nutshell.
      Good for the economy, as we know the bankers are better at looking after money, than we are
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Good for the economy, as we know the bankers are better at looking after money, than we are
        Buy shares in coke dealers.

Comment

I think prosecuting heads of banks would be a better solution!

The bank Guarantee was one of the few decent policies that affected me. Everything else I either earn too much for or I'm too old/young for.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You guys have savings? You should be putting it all into BTL deposits.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              You guys have savings? You are a the biggest bunch of losers. You should be putting it all into BTL deposits.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Gold - it's the only way to be certain
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Gold - it's the only way to be certain
                  Don't buy any from ATW. Bank Caught Using Fake Gold As Reserve Capital In Russia | Zero Hedge
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    You guys have savings? You should be putting it all into BTL deposits.
                    You hate BTLer's though Brillo
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X