• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Financials now charge a £900 mortgage fee!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Nice avatar
    I've been BUSY!
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Im in the process of completing a purchase (started in November), im not being charged a fee. They're getting the fee from lender via product placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Barley View Post
        Im in the process of completing a purchase (started in November), im not being charged a fee. They're getting the fee from lender via product placement.
        Is this for a contractor specific mortgage or a fairly standard product though? As ours are a little different and not popular I didn't think the lender paying the fee option would be feasible.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          I have just completed a remortgage with Martin at A S Financial and was very happy with the service.
          Thanks for the positive feedback Pogle - that is really kind of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ristic View Post
            No issue with paying a fee for a certain level of service, just more of a surprise that it went straight to the £900 mark when previously they were fee free!

I am aware brokers are remunerated by way of a commission from the mortgage provider, so the fee must be additional to this.
            And today I'm sure there is 0% chance they could get away with selling a mortgage based on a higher rate of commission!

I can see AS financial provide fee free contractor mortgages and can see some great reviews too. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

R

Thanks Ristic - looking forward to speaking to you.

Comment

avoid AS financial

I did use these guys many times but this time was a real let down so I'm avoiding from now on. Last week I gave all my details to CMME who are now not bothering to return my call to progress. Am beginning to get paranoid.

Currently looking for a decent broker who will actually get a wriggle on with my (relatively simple) application! Don't mind paying for it. Don't want to pay for it & get tulip service.

Recommendations gratefully received.
              Lisa: "Gary, you can't blame yourself for what gorillas did."

Comment

Freelancer Financials sorted my last mortgage. Excellent Service.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Ristic View Post
                  Used these guys a couple of years ago and overall pretty pleased with them.
                  I have recently enquired re a mortgage for a potential move and they have informed me they now charge a £900 fee! Quite the increase from the fee free last time.

I am currently in talks with Freelancer financials, still a mortgage fee, but half the price and service has been impressive so far.

Does anyone know of alternative contractor brokers I should be looking at too?

R
                  It is negotiable though - you should be able to halve this fee at least.

Comment

Why use a broker? There are a few contractor friendly mortgage providers out there. We used Clydesdale bank and it was very simple to arrange, all done over the phone.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Using a Broker / Mortgage Advisor opens a whole additional product group, which are not available to the "Man on the Street". What you pay as a professional fee is more than recovered over the period of the Mortgage by having more options, with a combination of lower rates / early termination / exit fees etc.

Good Brokers / Mortgage Advisors usually offer a "Value Added" service, taking into account Life Cover / Critical Illness / Income Protection, which are particularly relevant to us, as small business owners.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X