• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming up with a name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the business area? We should come up with something.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      OK, then: InsideIR35.com
      Come HMRC... 'Ave 'im!!!!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Come HMRC... 'Ave 'im!!!!!

It's OK, I've registered it in your name.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Whether it be a plan b, new company name or whatever, would you steer clear of a new name if it had some religious connotation?

Its very oblique, but most of the key domain names using the word are available, its a latin word which directly relates to the ideology of the new idea, but the first search is for a Christian holy order
          If it really is oblique, in the sense that the religious connotations aren't the first thing that would spring to the mind of a reasonable person, and particularly won't colour their perception of the nature of the business, then I'd say go for it. Hardly anybody knows Latin anyway these days, if that helps

Of course, if you're thinking of something like "Pontifex Surgical Appliances Ltd" then all bets are off

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            If it really is oblique, in the sense that the religious connotations aren't the first thing that would spring to the mind of a reasonable person, and particularly won't colour their perception of the nature of the business, then I'd say go for it. Hardly anybody knows Latin anyway these days, if that helps

Of course, if you're thinking of something like "Pontifex Surgical Appliances Ltd" then all bets are off
            I've absolutely no idea what this means but damn it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I've absolutely no idea what this means but damn it looks good.
              It means, don't call your new spreadable product "I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha"
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                It means, don't call your new spreadable product "I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha"
                Spreads easier than NLadyUk

Comment

AndyW's Mum Consulting:
                  We're Cheap
                  We're Popular
                  We're Available

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    AndyW's Mum Consulting:
                    We're Cheap
                    We're Popular
                    We're Available
                    AndyW's Mum Express Coaches - you'll get off quicker than ever

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      AndyW's Mum Express Coaches - you'll get off quicker than ever

AndyW's Mum Windows Server Support - we're here to give you a hand when something goes down on you.

Comment

Working...
                      X