• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Give it some wellie...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give it some wellie...

Just to make a change from the mutual flagellation threads, here's a different one (and I haven't got an answer off mumsnet)

My Muck boots are 6 years old and the neoprene lining is going on them. The problem is the lining is going at the heel, so when I walk it's cutting my ankle.
    The boots are mostly used for dog walking on a muddy hill, not gardening (have separate ones for that).

Anyone who walks in the countryside a lot (i.e. not you townies with your Hunter/Joules boots and low profile tyres on your 4x4s) got a suggestion for good walking wellies?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

I think these will suit you nicely..
    There is a bit of a delay on delivery of you order anything over size 9 though.... Erm so I'm told...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I gave up on wellies for dog walking. I found that clambering over rocks on the "beach" was uncomfortable and that they'd develop some hole or split that allowed water in. If we're not on the rocks then it'll be muddy fields or coastal path so dryness is paramount.

For the past few years I've been wearing a pair of Berghaus boots. Much more comfy and when paired with waterproof trousers completely dry.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        There is a bit of a delay on delivery of you order anything over size 9 though.... Erm so I'm told...
        Are those NLYUK's FMBs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I gave up on wellies for dog walking. I found that clambering over rocks on the "beach" was uncomfortable and that they'd develop some hole or split that allowed water in. If we're not on the rocks then it'll be muddy fields or coastal path so dryness is paramount.

For the past few years I've been wearing a pair of Berghaus boots. Much more comfy and when paired with waterproof trousers completely dry.

No rocks/beach near us, just mud/heathland/forest/puddles.

I used to have a pair of Zamberlan hiking boots which lasted over a decade but they were ankle boots so not great in deeper water/mud.
          If it's raining I'll be wearing a stockmans coat which keeps my trousers dry.

Also, at the end of the walk the dog normally needs showering, so getting out of wellies is easier than undoing laces and getting out of boots when you're trying to hold a dog before taking her to the shower.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Some info here...

Comment

I've got an ancient pair of Dunlop wellies that my dad bought in the late 60's. They're still going strong and get used for many muddy dog walks.

They look like these:

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yes, ideal for country walking, but you have to watch those cattle grids!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  I've got an ancient pair of Dunlop wellies that my dad bought in the late 60's. They're still going strong and get used for many muddy dog walks.
                  I am interested in obtaining examples of vintage Dunlop wellies. Would you be willing to sell them?

Comment

Originally posted by Smit View Post
                    I am interested in obtaining examples of vintage Dunlop wellies. Would you be willing to sell them?
                    It's true. Everyone has a kink...
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X