• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended Health and Dental Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statistically, insurance is never worth it. If you can afford to pay yourself in the eventuality of needing it (whatever it is) that is

I've never really known what health/dental gets you since urgent care is provided by the NHS.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Urgent care is amazing generally on the NHS.
      But Private Health will often mean a faster diagnosis of serious illnesses and treatment.
      Speed of diagnosis can be crucial.

Plus of course a more comfortable hospital stay with your own room ...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Loads of stuff isn't available on the NHS. Of course it depends how vain you are what you consider important.
        White fillings etc? Dunno why the standard ones would bother someone when 95% of the population have got this type....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

What does private health roughly cost in the UK? I figure all the websites will say "from as little as £12" but that means "£12 if you are a teetotal health nut living on Skye in a box"... what do people here actually pay?

Now that all my ancestors are dead and we stand to inherit a reasonable sum, my thinking is that life insurance is not something we realistically need but perhaps private healthcare could make sense.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X