• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here is a "super contractor"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have just Googled the "rise of the super recruitment agent"

So did I...

No results found for "rise of the super recruitment agent".

Did you mean "rise of the shoddy recruitment agent".
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      So did I...

No results found for "rise of the super recruitment agent".

Did you mean "rise of the shoddy recruitment agent".
      At least we are going in the right direction
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

At least we are going in the right direction

I'm at ClientCo, they have safe search switched on.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
          My heart bleeds. There was a time when businesses looked to the future and hired in graduates or unskilled but capable folk who would be given entry-level positions and trained up to ensure skills provision in-house. Apparently though there's a magical forest filled with skilled people who can be plucked off the trees, so companies don't need to worry about that stuff any more...or not.
          Absolutely this.

Many companies have long since scrapped, or greatly reduced, the training they offer to permanent staff. Those few that do offer some training will shackle the training with a signed agreement that the employee pay back the cost of the training if the employee leaves the company within some set time afterwards.

So, effectively, employees are paying for their own training and upskilling. Both in their time and their money. And then employers get miffed when aforementioned employees realise that their hard gained skills can be sold to the highest bidder.

I've been saying for a few years now that many permanent roles and contract roles have been, in some ways, converging, especially with regard to such things as "investment" in an employee that companies used to do, but simply don't do any more.

Comment

I'm at ClientCo, they have safe search switched on.
            Names and references please
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Names and references please

Drew Peacock: Sales Director Prescription Drugs, Pfizer.

Mike Rotch: UK Territory Sales Manager OTC creams, Bayer

Phil McCracken: Brazillian Sales, Remington.

Comment

Drew Peacock: Sales Director Prescription Drugs, Pfizer.

Mike Rotch: UK Territory Sales Manager OTC creams, Bayer

Phil McCracken: Brazillian Sales, Remington.
                They are on the call list for the scrotes on Monday. Commission cheque is in the post

Comment

Working...
                X