• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy-to-let DOOM: investors 'to sell 500,000 properties' as confidence plummets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    So who's going to buy them?

I will. Offshored all my BTLS in Bermuda, paid for out of my Irish Holding Company, then sold back to UK government as part of a carousel fraud.

Bought 10 last week and HMRC sent me a cheque for $2m.

Sweet.

Glad I'm not a contractor, then they'd be bending me right over.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
      we are buying the house we currently rent, as the landlord wants rid before April. To be fair he has been nagging us about it since we moved in 5 years ago but we dcouldnt at the time
      So you waited until the price doubled and are buying now. I see what you did there...
      Last edited by ChimpMaster; 4 February 2016, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I will. Offshored all my BTLS in Bermuda, paid for out of my Irish Holding Company, then sold back to UK government as part of a carousel fraud.

Bought 10 last week and HMRC sent me a cheque for $2m.

Sweet.

Glad I'm not a contractor, then they'd be bending me right over.
        Ok, time to change the bedsheets then.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          So you waited until the price doubled and are buying now. I see what you did there...
          Price of my flat gone up from £210k to £260k in 4 years, still very high growth...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Price of my flat gone up from £210k to £260k in 4 years, still very high growth...
            Yeah but with Camoron and Gidiot in charge, it will go up another £50K, so you can't lose! Everyone is buying. Buy! Buy! Buy!

Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Yeah but with Camoron and Gidiot in charge, it will go up another £50K, so you can't lose! Everyone is buying. Buy! Buy! Buy!
              Nah, not sure - Gitiot might just crash the market, but I need to live somewhere nice anyway, don't care even if it drops by 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Oh it gets worse, we bought in a rough area about 6 weeks before the bubble popped in 2008, then couldn't sell it, left it empty while renting so we could get the kids in a good school, killed ourselves on a mortgage plus rent, then finally sold the house, massive lump of negative equity, worked for years to clear it, then more years to get deposit.

We have genuinely caught the dirty end of the dirtiest of sticks.

Comment

Meanwhile there is this little fixer-upper going for £280,000 in the Dordogne. Equidistant from Bordeaux & Toulouse airports.

Un village entier à vendre pour 369 000 euros

Comment

Just read the headline on the BBC.

House price growth rises to 9.7%, says Halifax
                    If anything else goes up in price it's called "inflation".

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
                      Oh it gets worse, we bought in a rough area about 6 weeks before the bubble popped in 2008, then couldn't sell it, left it empty while renting so we could get the kids in a good school, killed ourselves on a mortgage plus rent, then finally sold the house, massive lump of negative equity, worked for years to clear it, then more years to get deposit.

We have genuinely caught the dirty end of the dirtiest of sticks.

At least you can always count on compassion from your virtual CUK friends!

Comment

Working...
                      X