• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheating Agent - of the holiday letting variety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only there was an app you could swipe to make it easier.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deebeegee View Post
      well i finally got back most of my money including the dodgy VAT deductions.

after I'd spent ages getting together my witness statement and bundle of supporting evidence they failed to disclose any documents to the court by the deadline. It actually transpired that their solicitors office was shut down due to some other irregularity. You couldn't make it up. The agent appointed a trouble shooter to resolve several ongoing disputes and in the end we settled on an amount which covered the original debt but not my court expenses - I still would have lost more by losing a billable day so I agreed despite quite looking forward to having my day in court. There's also the real likelihood of insolvency so cash in hand was more attractive than the prospect of dealing with bailiffs and administrators.

not sure if anything will ever come from reporting them to the HMRC

in the meantime if anyone has a contract in London and needs somewhere nice to stay I offer a contractorUK discount
      congrats well done!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Thing with keys they can be copied for £3 without any paperwork. ...
        Some can, but others such as Banham keys can't
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Some can, but others such as Banham keys can't
          neat not seen that.

How much do the locks cost?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            neat not seen that.

How much do the locks cost?
            Over £200 for the top end locks. Very secure though, and you should get a discount on your home insurance.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
            X