• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Testing Terminology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Depends, are they testing against what was designed or what they expect to happen? Are the test cases approved and signed off?
    Well it was their design in the first place sooo.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Just to humour you they are all from a large consultancy...

does that make a difference?

Yes, they will do everything in their power to ensure that it looks like your fault. Therefore, "Blocked", from their perspective, is the correct status as it implies that their work is on hold until you finish yours. It doesn't matter, of course, that your work is trying to fix their incorrect design in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Yes, they will do everything in their power to ensure that it looks like your fault. Therefore, "Blocked", from their perspective, is the correct status as it implies that their work is on hold until you finish yours. It doesn't matter, of course, that your work is trying to fix their incorrect design in the first place...
        Yes indeed - exactly my point and concern.

Interestingly enough it has changed again so I will be making a point of ensuring the next report does not say 'Blocked' by oPM.

Comment

Interestingly enough it has changed again so I will be making a point of ensuring the next report does not say 'Blocked' by oPM.
          If it's a consultancy then it's likely that it will be subject to a CR process? "Blocked by CR12345" should show that the reason for the block is due to their own CR? Make sure that any status reports show that the original development as per spec was completed and delivered, and that this piece of work is a late CR.

In my experience of large consultancies, their director/client liaison will be sitting in progress meetings saying that the reason for the delay is that they are waiting on your work, regardless of what the plan status actually says anyway, and leaving it open to interpretation.

Comment

Here come the experts ....

Comment

It has transpired that the data schema we were given for the data transfers was wrong and so needs to be redeveloped.

However on the test plan it is showing as 'Blocked' by oPMco - my view is that it is not blocked at all - it is in rework because the requirements we got were wrong.

Any idea's or comments?
              What statues are you allowed to use? List them and someone will give you a relevant one.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Here come the experts ....
                Out comes all the jargon
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It's not a proper defect call until someone brings out the contract and commericals
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Out comes all the jargon
                    Where? No one called you a chunt yet. Or have I missed it?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      Do you need any tester?

I have six of them available

It sounds like a pair of testes would be most useful....

Comment

Working...
                      X