• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google boss doesn't know what his salary is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Maybe Google is different - but I thought all annual accounts state directors remuneration?

So if it is public knowledge just answer the question. Or you look like a tosser.
    A quick search on US disclosure rules proves that you are quite correct However, I still maintain that it had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion and was just used as a stick to beat the Google guy with. HMG have gone to great lengths to make Joe Public think that tax is a question of morality and that wealth is something to be ashamed of - tax is a question of law (and HMG are not very good at writing tax law) and, without wealth generators, the country would be stuffed. Just MHO which you are quite at liberty to disagree with but the 'it's not fair' brigade really get on my pip
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      A quick search on US disclosure rules proves that you are quite correct However, I still maintain that it had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion and was just used as a stick to beat the Google guy with. HMG have gone to great lengths to make Joe Public think that tax is a question of morality and that wealth is something to be ashamed of - tax is a question of law (and HMG are not very good at writing tax law) and, without wealth generators, the country would be stuffed. Just MHO which you are quite at liberty to disagree with but the 'it's not fair' brigade really get on my pip
      Correct. Head of giant successful company in PRIVATE sector in earning lots of money shocker.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
      X