• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office chair and sit/stand desk recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    This has been asked so many times and the answer is actually in the top right hand corner:
    Things change, new desks, new chairs, new experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
      Any recommendations for a decent office chair? I had a Herman Miller Aeron several years ago, but maybe there are some equivalent/better options now? Don't mind spending a bit as its likely to be cheaper than back trouble. I spend long hours sitting at my desk so thinking to get a sit-stand desk (preferably motorized with a quiet motor and presets) so suggestions/recommendations for that welcome too.

I worked for HM over a couple of summers putting HM Ethospace components together.

Happy days when all I was concerned with was raising enough money to buy a motorcycle and the rest was cider and tumbles in the hay down by the local longbarrow.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Second hand Aeron with all the accessories. I use these guys in Germany who refurbish them and I could not tell the difference from new.

They will negotiate on price, I got 4 for €1050 and €50 shipping in Europe. They are fully clued up on VAT & ESL if you buy from your limited & will provide the correct paper work for HMRC (or in my case ATC).

Herman Miller Aeron - Schreibtischstuhl ergonomisch - Aeron Stuhl

Danke schon

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I've got the Aeron, best chair I've owned.

I've got a desk you can use standing or sitting. iwantastandingdesk.com | Home to the "Little Jack" and "Big Jack" Standing Desks. Buy with confidence, Stand up for yourself.
          Now we're talking. Is the motor quiet?

Comment

Now we're talking. Is the motor quiet?
            Extremely... Until it's turned on.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
              I worked for HM over a couple of summers putting HM Ethospace components together.

Happy days when all I was concerned with was raising enough money to buy a motorcycle and the rest was cider and tumbles in the hay down by the local longbarrow.
              Thanks for sharing. Seriously. I'm just trying to make contemporary home office life more H&S complaint and pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Extremely... Until it's turned on.
                "The quiet electric motor adjusts the 1500 x 800mm stunning Altofina laminate desktop effortlessly."

Comment

Interstuhl Airpad

I tried one of these. Maybe it doesn't look as good as the Aeron, but very comfortable.

https://www.officechairsuk.co.uk/int...irpad-3c42-se/

Comment

I tried one of these. Maybe it doesn't look as good as the Aeron, but very comfortable.

https://www.officechairsuk.co.uk/int...irpad-3c42-se/
                    You are right. It looks tulip.

Any chair can be comfortable when you sit on it for 20 seconds. Will it be comfortable after you've sat on it for 6 hours is the question.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You're not looking at it while sitting on it are you?

A bit like.... when the lights are off.

I've sat on this chair at a client's office for a week, so I thought I'd mention in just in case its helpful to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X