• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office chair and sit/stand desk recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office chair and sit/stand desk recommendations

Any recommendations for a decent office chair? I had a Herman Miller Aeron several years ago, but maybe there are some equivalent/better options now? Don't mind spending a bit as its likely to be cheaper than back trouble. I spend long hours sitting at my desk so thinking to get a sit-stand desk (preferably motorized with a quiet motor and presets) so suggestions/recommendations for that welcome too.

Personally, I still prefer Herman Miller - either Aeron or Mirra - I prefer the Mirra which I have in my office to the Aeron I had at the last client.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
      Any recommendations for a decent office chair? I had a Herman Miller Aeron several years ago, but maybe there are some equivalent/better options now? Don't mind spending a bit as its likely to be cheaper than back trouble. I spend long hours sitting at my desk so thinking to get a sit-stand desk (preferably motorized with a quiet motor and presets) so suggestions/recommendations for that welcome too.
      In before FLC with AYCOTBAC?

Office chair RS - Masterpieces - Home - Porsche Driver's Selection
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Thanks. That will help to reduce CT.

Comment

Here's mine:

Last edited by administrator; 18 February 2016, 20:33. Reason: Not helpful or SFW. Replaced with real chair.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
            Thanks. That will help to reduce CT.
            No problem. MF's probably already bought one with his permie take-home.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You want a better chair than an Aeron???
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Here's mine:
                NSFW
                Last edited by administrator; 18 February 2016, 20:34. Reason: Agreed NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You want a better chair than an Aeron???
                  The Aeron is about three and a half grand cheaper than the one I posted

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Here's mine:
                    I'd prefer a matching rug...
                    Last edited by administrator; 18 February 2016, 20:34. Reason: NSFW

Comment

Working...
                    X