• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Struggling to get the next contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    In contracting there are always dead times for each skill set and the biggest one for everyone is at the end of the financial year. Head off to the beach somewhere warm, bring your laptop apply for roles, do phone interviews, and come back when you have something. It's suprising how quickly you get a role where you are somewhere you don't want to leave.
    Great idea.... I might just do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
      That will hurt the warchest... hitmen here we come
      FTFY
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
        I have never done this but its sounds very tempting as this contract runs out end of April. I could see myself on the beach or by the pool laughing at everyone else at home.

The Mrs wont be happy as she wont be invited
        you are in Malaysia for a training course right?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
          Great idea.... I might just do that!
          I will shortly be going here, as I'm in the same situation as you...

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I will shortly be going here, as I'm in the same situation as you...

I hope there isn't another tsumani, cos you wouldn't be getting off that beach.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              I hope there isn't another tsumani, cos you wouldn't be getting off that beach.

HTH
              Not a very nice lunch today then Barry, or are Arsenal playing at home today?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Not a very nice lunch today then Barry, or are Arsenal playing at home today?

Just thinking about your welfare. Buy a jetpack, then you'll be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Just thinking about your welfare. Buy a jetpack, then you'll be grand.
                  Awwww, I'm just a horrible, nasty, cynical get, with poor social skills.

I should have thought better of you
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've just joined this forum and have to say it's given me some reassurance that it's not just me. I've been contracting pretty much my entire life and the contracts have been pretty consistent as well with very little gaps, one lasting 4/5 years. It's been a different story every since moving to London. I've found that I have been really struggling to maintain the same level of consistency, big gaps, this ones been going on for over 2 months now. Had a couple of interviews but received no feedback. It is what it is I guess. There seems to be lots of contracts out there which I'm applying for but I'm guessing that it's just competitive. Currently thinking of a plan B and putting it into action.
                    Trying to use the time to stay fresh and utilise it in the best way that I possibly can.
                    Remain positive, calm and not to take it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      How many DAs do we have?
                      Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post
                      One per duck.
                      Beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                      X