• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrants in Calais - why don't they

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      ever tried sea canoeing? its exhausting.
      I'm actually thinking of buying one of those new fangled kayaks/canoes (can never remember which is which) for a bit of fun on the river. I'm guessing you can just turn up plonk it in the water & get on with it? Never know what sort of licences you need these days for the most trivial things...

Don't know how boaters & anglers coexist either. Seems a bit of a mutually exclusive situation...

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
        I'm actually thinking of buying one of those new fangled kayaks/canoes (can never remember which is which) for a bit of fun on the river. I'm guessing you can just turn up plonk it in the water & get on with it? Never know what sort of licences you need these days for the most trivial things...

Don't know how boaters & anglers coexist either. Seems a bit of a mutually exclusive situation...
        You can just turn up and put it in as long as you do it from a public right of way.

Faced many boaters when fishing the River Wye, some are very polite and slowly proceed over the other side of the river.
        The less polite ones, I set the dogs on them,they like the sport.....although they tend to bring just a limb back, rather than a whole carcass.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

used to be you had to have each boat licensed with the river management authority (was a few quid a year) however you don't want to go out on your own, its very easy to get in trouble.

Anglers you just go to the other side and keep your voice down.

this used to be the organisation to work with

WHERE TO PADDLE
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Depends on the river. Many need a licence. You avoid the anglers by not going too close to the edges.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy.../canoeing-faqs

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Migrants in Calais - why don't they
              switch off their television sets and go and do something less boring instead?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                used to be you had to have each boat licensed with the river management authority (was a few quid a year) however you don't want to go out on your own, its very easy to get in trouble.

Anglers you just go to the other side and keep your voice down.

this used to be the organisation to work with

WHERE TO PADDLE
                This.
                I wasn't aware you needed a license for a canoe, though...
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Migrants in Calais - why don't they ...
                  ... feck off back to where they came from as most of them seem to be young men who a perfectly capable of fighting/defending?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    This.
                    I wasn't aware you needed a license for a canoe, though...
                    used to be a basic safety inspection (you take it to an inspector or if you run a fleet you could self certificate if qualified). You would be surprised how many badly maintained canoes & kayaks there were out there.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You can't simply get in a canoe and get across the English Channel when it's so cold; it's simply not possible to have your kayak and heat it.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X