• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrants in Calais - why don't they

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    used to be a basic safety inspection (you take it to an inspector or if you run a fleet you could self certificate if qualified). You would be surprised how many badly maintained canoes & kayaks there were out there.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Used to have lots of fun pissing off anglers when I used to go kayaking on the canal / river.

Tried it in the sea once. Yes it was bloody hard work.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I think this would be one of the main reasons

Ship Tracker - Live ship tracking information in the English Channel : FTBC
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          used to be you had to have each boat licensed with the river management authority (was a few quid a year) however you don't want to go out on your own, its very easy to get in trouble.

Anglers you just go to the other side and keep your voice down.

this used to be the organisation to work with

WHERE TO PADDLE
          I guess you need to know where the weirs are but assuming you have a boat not prone to capsizing, what are the main hazards to watch out for?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Used to have lots of fun pissing off anglers when I used to go kayaking on the canal / river.
            You'll be one of the reasons for the, often, violent altercations, between boaters and anglers, then

I'm, generally, more live and let live, but, you will be surprised how much damage a 3oz lead can do, when launched at a canoe.
            I'm also a very accurate caster
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
              I guess you need to know where the weirs are but assuming you have a boat not prone to capsizing, what are the main hazards to watch out for?
              shopping trolleys, idiots in other boats, swans (yep a broody swan is great fun), flotsam , heart attacks or cramp but mainly your own idiocy.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                You'll be one of the reasons for the, often, violent altercations, between boaters and anglers, then

I'm, generally, more live and let live, but, you will be surprised how much damage a 3oz lead can do, when launched at a canoe.
                I'm also a very accurate caster
                Used to get the odd nutter shouting "I'll come in and tip you over!". So you'd shout back "Well come on then!" from the safety of 6 foot deep water.

Mostly we weren't do anything other than passing by but people would still get upset at us frightening away the fish. FFS everyone knows you don't go angling to catch fish; you go angling to sit motionless on a freezing river bank for hours in abject misery. Fish have got nothing to do with it.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Used to get the odd nutter shouting "I'll come in and tip you over!". So you'd shout back "Well come on then!" from the safety of 6 foot deep water.

Mostly we weren't do anything other than passing by but people would still get upset at us frightening away the fish. FFS everyone knows you don't go angling to catch fish; you go angling to sit motionless on a freezing river bank for hours in abject misery. Fish have got nothing to do with it.
                  It's that or the wife

Comment

No safety when there are big leads and fishing rods are concerned, you hot lucky

Mostly we weren't do anything other than passing by but people would still get upset at us frightening away the fish.
                    Yeh, which is pretty much BS, anyway, in a flowing river they don't stay away from long.

FTFY

FFS everyone knows you don't go angling to catch fish; you go angling to get a bit of peace of quiet from the missus and a few drinks and smokes with your mates, in the guise of having a legitimate hobby
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I just pop out in one of these, takes out half the river as well

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X