• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrants in Calais - why don't they

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    What's the problem? Brexit happened in January and the UK are controlling it's own borders. Or, perhaps Bozo doesn't car a sh** about the peasants who voted for him and Brexit.
    Once they are in UK waters we have to bring them to the nearest safe port (usually Dover). Brexit has made no difference to Maritime Law. The French* should be processing Asylum claims, but it's more convenient to let them cross, thus they become the UK's problem.

*Or the first EU safe country the migrants enter.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Priti Patel wants the Royal Navy to pick emigrants out the channel and dump them back in France. She is a really thick ****.
      Not as thick as you, by the looks of it. The idea is to save lives by discouraging unsafe crossings.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The french have as much incentive to control the flow as Turkey and others looking to offload the problem. Sure give them a few more million/billion I'm sure that will cure it.

If only the UK had some islands in the channel they could use as refugee camps as a staging post for education and welfare assessment while they sorted through the incomers. There's only a few thousand of them a year taking this risky route so may as well be humane about it.

At the same time put MI6 to work tracking the gangs exploiting them and close them down while the french turn a blind eye.

Seems too easy.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          If countries in the EU are that fooking good, why leave them to come here?
          They're not. The UK is the bestest place in the world. You won. Let's welcome those who want to come here to celebrate your success.
          Last edited by Whorty; 9 August 2020, 10:42.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Not as thick as you, by the looks of it. The idea is to save lives by discouraging unsafe crossings.
            So what would be your reaction if the French Navy picked up migrants at sea and unilaterally sailed into a UK port and dumped them on the quayside?

I can imagine the headlines in the Daily Fail. Clearly, you are thicker than pig sh**.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Is this where Brexit Patel asks the French to take control of Britain's borders?

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Is this where Brexit Patel asks the French to take control of Britain's borders?

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                She has threatened to invade France.

Priti Patel ridiculed over Royal Navy threat towards France as Home Office’s approach to migrants is questioned | The New European

Priti Patel derided over Royal Navy threat towards France as Home Office’s approach to migrants is questioned

Home secretary Priti Patel. The government has been accused of a "lack of competence" over migrant crossings by Labours shadow home secretary; House of Commons/PA Wire
                Priti Patel’s threat to send the Royal Navy into the English Channel has been derided and her department’s border policy questioned on Twitter.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So what would be your reaction if the French Navy picked up migrants at sea and unilaterally sailed into a UK port and dumped them on the quayside?

I can imagine the headlines in the Daily Fail. Clearly, you are thicker than pig sh**.
                  If they were leaving the UK to attempt to illegally enter France, I would have no problem with the French returning them to the UK. It's purely hypothetical though, much like a coherent argument from you. I like the subtle use of antisemitic slurs though, just to reinforce the 6th-form level of intelligence.

Comment

If they were leaving the UK to attempt to illegally enter France, I would have no problem with the French returning them to the UK. It's purely hypothetical though, much like a coherent argument from you. I like the subtle use of antisemitic slurs though, just to reinforce the 6th-form level of intelligence.

"antisemitic slurs?". What the f*** are you smoking.

Comment

I like the subtle use of antisemitic slurs though
                      Thick as pig-tulip is an antisemitic slur? So calling someone niggardly is racist?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X