• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More pensions doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Back to the glory days of ZeitGrandFather, working until he was 78 & spending the remaining, demented, years of his life on National Assistance.

We see you Tory bastids.
    Unfortunately having talked about pension problems for 30 years (I first heard it mentioned when I started work.) but done nothing about it the Government are responsible this includes all flavours Tory, Liberal & Labour.

If they had set the retirement age to align with survival rates 30 years ago it would be baked in and the gold plated public pensions would be less generous.

The money has to come from somewhere ...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Unfortunately having talked about pension problems for 30 years (I first heard it mentioned when I started work.) but done nothing about it the Government are responsible this includes all flavours Tory, Liberal & Labour.
      I heard it since I was 11. I paid attention in my Geography classes.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      If they had set the retirement age to align with survival rates 30 years ago it would be baked in and the gold plated public pensions would be less generous.
      The pensions would be fine you just wouldn't get one until you were 75.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The only party that offers a way out is UKIP.
        No party could have done better.

Have a look at Japan where they have a demographic time bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

State pension is a classic ponzi scheme, it inevitably collapses when you can't get the ever increasing amount of punters required to sustain each consecutive round of funding

Comment

Just bin currency and give people what they need to live. This capitalist experiment has gone on long enough.

Comment

Me 'ouse is me pension guv. Tax free and rises during boom and bust thanks to QE and ZIRP.

Sell up, move somewhere sunny with low cost of living.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                State pension is a classic ponzi scheme, it inevitably collapses when you can't get the ever increasing amount of punters required to sustain each consecutive round of funding
                Actually the scheme would have been sound if the retirement age had risen a few years every decade. The original scheme was thought out that way but successive governments particularly Tory governments realised OAPs vote.

Comment

I heard it since I was 11. I paid attention in my Geography classes.
                  It was going well in the 1980s. Then John Major and Badger Lamont took over.

They started the grab from pension pots via ACT. Labour completed the process.

Now we are all encouraged to spend to keep the economy going. To assume that ZIRP will continue forever.

Comment

They should be celebrating that people are living longer. And that they don't have to put up with immigrants.

They will have to accept that economic growth will be negative.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      They should be celebrating that people are living longer. And that they don't have to put up with immigrants.
                      Or anyone to wipe their butts.

One of the programs on Filipino nurses highlighted that very few were training up to go to Japan even though they would have an excellent standard of living when they got there.

Comment

Working...
                      X