• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More pensions doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sell up, move somewhere sunny with low cost of living.
    Don't you lose rights to your state pension if you do it? It's as if they are almost counting on it happening

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Riot shields, tax havens, prostitutes and duck houses.
      You forgot moats...

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        Good so you'll be there to witness the looting.

Look you can rabbit on about hard work and that BS all you want (I take it you're using weighted keys that take a lot of effort to type with?), but the fact is that to keep the engine the economy turning over in its present form you will need to give people money to spend. How you do this is another matter, but if you think the status quo is going to continue, you're living a blinkered existence.

I can't see much future in IT, at least not sysadmin, which is what I've been doing most of my adult life. It's getting steadily de-skilled and you're already seeing the Windows approach to problem-solving in the Linux VMWare estates: bounce it if you have a fault that isn't hardware-related; log a fault for the service tech otherwise. I'd be doing prison counselling myself if it paid as well - now THAT'S a growth industry!
        This is a revealing post: clearly you're not aware of thinking as hard work.
        But I can see that from your cliched, second-hand ideas.
        Personally I think there's plenty of future in "IT", depends how high up the food chain you are, and that depends on your intellectual chops.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          It would have had the same effect except that it would have given buying power to all the people instead of just the banks.
          No it wouldn't - Asset buying (QE) is not the same as a helicopter drop. And neither of them is the same as bailing out the banks.
          Lefties, being thick, often don't know the distinction - hence their new found enthusiasm for "printing money".
          Last edited by sasguru; 2 March 2016, 17:46.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
          X