• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More pensions doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pensions doom

Rising life expectancy could speed-up the rise in the state pension age | Daily Mail Online

Oh let's increase the retirement age to 75 then.

This has to be the dumbest Tory chancellor ever. First he allows people to take out all of their private pension money, so everyone buys BTLS. Then he decides that market is overheated and decides to tax BTL and increase stamp duty. Then he decides to get rid of tax relief on pensions, so you've got feck all chance of saving a decent amount anyway, and then moves the state pension upto 75 in future years.

Can anyone guess what's going to happen when we and the next generation all get close to retirement?

Bueller? Bueller?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Rising life expectancy could speed-up the rise in the state pension age | Daily Mail Online

Oh let's increase the retirement age to 75 then.

This has to be the dumbest Tory chancellor ever. First he allows people to take out all of their private pension money, so everyone buys BTLS. Then he decides that market is overheated and decides to tax BTL and increase stamp duty. Then he decides to get rid of tax relief on pensions, so you've got feck all chance of saving a decent amount anyway, and then moves the state pension upto 75 in future years.

Can anyone guess what's going to happen when we and the next generation all get close to retirement?

Bueller? Bueller?
    Are you referring to Permies?

We contractors here choose when we want to retire

Now go post it on Netmums. You may not get laid, but you might get a hug

Comment

I agree. He should have taxed fantasy first class air tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Are you referring to Permies?

We contractors here choose when we want to retire

Now go post it on Netmums. You may not get laid, but you might get a hug
        Contractors don't have pension pots. They don't pay enough tax to warrant it.

Comment

You were never a contractor and I claim my five free first class tickets on Waltermitty air.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            You were never a contractor and I claim my five free first class tickets on Waltermitty air.
            I have transcended contracting.

Comment

I have transcended contracting.
              After a series of wet pants, so I heard! Brave, old sport....

Comment

Everyone knows you have fun, spend, travel and enjoy life, and then when it's time to retire you marry a stupendously rich widow and live off her money / pension.

Simples.

Comment

My pension pot say's other wise
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Retirement age should be set at point when only 40% get to claim it. Which is what it was when it started.

Comment

Working...
                    X