• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your best chilli recipe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sometimes chuck a half tin of Heinz Baked Beans in depending on mood......

Comment

Russian Roulette Chilli;
      Add quite a lot of fine green beans.
      Add few of those little chillis that look much like fine green beans.

Other than that, I tend to chuck in random herbs and veg, to make a one-pot meal. I don't each much carbohydrate so don't serve with rice or anything as a rule.
      Adding a bit of ginger can work.

There is no one 'best' chilli recipe, the more variations the better IMHO.

Comment

Brown off mince with garlic and onions, add kidney beans (I use the ones in chilli sauce), chopped tomatoes (tinned) and fresh chillis add half a bar of good quality plain chocolate and let cook for about half and hour on a low heat - serve with garlic bread

Yes I did say chocolate - sounds weird but trust me is delicious
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Brown off mince with garlic and onions, add kidney beans (I use the ones in chilli sauce), chopped tomatoes (tinned) and fresh chillis add half a bar of good quality plain chocolate and let cook for about half and hour on a low heat - serve with garlic bread

Not weird, Chilli and Chocolate is a create combination
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I like the oven idea, I normally leave it to simmer for ages (also addresses the point about it being too wet, this will slowly disappear) but that can be a PITA on the hob as you have to keep stirring it. Frying it all up then dumping in on a low heat (120? 90?!) for hours sounds clever.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I like the oven idea, I normally leave it to simmer for ages (also addresses the point about it being too wet, this will slowly disappear) but that can be a PITA on the hob as you have to keep stirring it. Frying it all up then dumping in on a low heat (120? 90?!) for hours sounds clever.
              I casserole it, 200c, 90 mins to 120 mins, stir every 30 mins or so, then you add water/soy sauce if too dry, or leave the lid off if too wet.

It's not really a casserole, just done in casserole dish.

I like jobs where I can do all the work at the beginning then sit back while my scripts run!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Normally do it at 120. Stick it in at about 12:00 and leave it. Check it after a couple of hours just to make sure it hasn't dried out and pull it back out when we are ready to eat. Doesn't work well with mince though, it just ends up as mush. Need to used chopped stewing steak instead.

If you want it for the following day just reheat on the hob.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post

You should get into Mole!

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    Although most Mole don't contain chocolate.

Poblano and Negro do, but there are lots of others that don't.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      'scuse me
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X