• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A good one for grammar/spelling nazies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good one for grammar/spelling nazies

Nonsense! Backlash over new school rules on exclamation marks

Primary school pupils will only get credit for using exclamation marks in sentences beginning with 'what' or 'how', under strict new Government rules.

Ministers have been accused of "taking writing back to the 19th century" after issuing the restrictive new guidance over what counts as an "exclamation".

"For the purposes of the English grammar, punctuation and spelling test, an exclamation is required to start with What or How," the guidance for Key Stage 1 and 2 national curriculum tests states.

Children are expected to be able to recognise and write examples of exclamation sentences, and will not get any credit for using exclamation marks in other ways, examiners have been told."

Source: Nonsense! Backlash over new school rules on exclamation marks - Telegraph

What the ****!!!!?!???

Nazis

Sentences beginning with 'what' or 'how' are questions.

FFS! That is a exclamation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Primary school pupils will only get credit for using exclamation marks in sentences beginning with 'what' or 'how', under strict new Government rules.
      What a load of bollocks! How ******* stupid this government is!

Like that?

Comment

What I, think, we really need, is a lot, more commas.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here's some Russian cursive, as a non-native Russian speaker this is impossible!! Something about Lillies.....

Comment

https://piclinegirl.com/2016/05/08/w...of-bs-this-is/

Makes my blood boil!

Comment

It'll be a bit awkward for kids living in Westward Ho!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    "Children are expected to be able to recognise and write examples of exclamation sentences, and will not get any credit for using exclamation marks in other ways, examiners have been told."
                    Is this a good example....?

Comment

Working...
                    X