• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agile - at what point do you just tell someone to take a hike?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They keep banging on about agile here and now they want to track everyones time in 15 minute increments....

Keep smiling and keep invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      one person can do the demo rather than a game of musical chairs just so I can demo a combo box FFS.
      I thought "retro's" were supposed to have a quick go over, as a team, what went well so you could build on this and make stuff go well again or even better, and what trip ups occurred so you can identify them earlier thus avoid them in future, not start doing show and tells?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        4. The women in the office
        That's an urban myth - I've literally only seen two involved in coding in the last ten years.
        Both were obese, butch and badly dressed - although super intelligent and sharp, both I think with mathematics degrees from top unis.

Not tappable but could win mastermind.

Comment

[QUOTE=SunnyInHades;2220253][QUOTE=DimPrawn;2220065]
          4. The women in the office

That's an urban myth - I've literally only seen two involved in coding in the last ten years.
          Both were obese, butch and badly dressed - although super intelligent and sharp, both I think with mathematics degrees from top unis.

Not in the IT team obviously.

Usually in marketing, sales, admin, finance, HR.

You need to mingle more.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

Oh dear, for some reason I have to work with an absolutely stunning 25 year old woman Admittedly she does the more paperwork side of things as I'm crap at that but she has more technical qualifications than me (which isn't hard.) In fact there are quite a lot of young women, many of whom you could say are very attractive, working here in highly technical roles...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Oh dear, for some reason I have to work with an absolutely stunning 25 year old woman Admittedly she does the more paperwork side of things as I'm crap at that but she has more technical qualifications than me (which isn't hard.) In fact there are quite a lot of young women, many of whom you could say are very attractive, working here in highly technical roles...
              In Germany yes. Not in the UK you won't.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
                I thought "retro's" were supposed to have a quick go over, as a team, what went well so you could build on this and make stuff go well again or even better, and what trip ups occurred so you can identify them earlier thus avoid them in future, not start doing show and tells?
                Yes. Wrong terminology on my part. I meant the other cr@p you have to go through every 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  Yes. Wrong terminology on my part. I meant the other cr@p you have to go through every 2 weeks.
                  S'ok... Don't get hung up on it chap, we'll write it on a post-it note at end of sprint and spend half hour drawing smiley faces on or near it whilst every member of the entire group try to out do each other in the "postive thinking" mantras....

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
                    S'ok... Don't get hung up on it chap, we'll write it on a post-it note at end of sprint and spend half hour drawing smiley faces on or near it whilst every member of the entire group try to out do each other in the "postive thinking" mantras....
                    You mean I'm not allowed to write "I didn't feel like killing any of you in the last sprint"....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      You mean I'm not allowed to write "I didn't feel like killing any of you in the last sprint"....
                      That's a positive... Write it up miss, put it on the "Carry on" pile....

Comment

Working...
                      X