• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If GB leaves EU will I need a new passport right away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If GB leaves EU will I need a new passport right away

Going to Europe in Sept 16, current GB passport clearly says "European Union" at top, will this passport need to be replaced before travelling if there is a BREXIT ?

Can't find any mention of this possibility anywhere.
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    Going to Europe in Sept 16, current GB passport clearly says "European Union" at top, will this passport need to be replaced before travelling if there is a BREXIT ?

If there is a Brexit, it will not take place immediately after the referendum. The treaty allows 2 years although even that might be optimistic.

Comment

You are correct. There is no process in place therefore all European Travel will be suspended until someone remembers this minor point.....

Sockietastic pop pickers...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

IF you vote Brexit:

All flights, trains and boats will be impounded and burned. As foreigners pretty much own all our water, energy and communications, these will all be turned off. All shops will close and food supplies stopped.

IF you vote Brexin:

A stronger EU will mean cheaper goods, more jobs, and due to EU climate change directives, better weather. You will look younger and have better and more frequent sex.

I'm currently weighing up the pros and cons of the above before deciding.

Comment

Yes it will, you need to tippex it out and write 'British Empire' on top. That way you won't need a visa as its technically an invasion....

Comment

Where are you now?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Yes, and for every British passport-holder who crosses the channel, a Boomer retiree will be forcibly returned from the Costa del Sol.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Yes, and for every British passport-holder who crosses the channel, a Boomer retiree will be forcibly returned from the Costa del Sol and executed on Dover coast
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  FTFY
                  You are Purple Gorilla and I claim my £50000 and Marbella Heating Allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Where are you now?
                    In Scotland, which of course might not leave the EU after BREXIT
                    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                    X