• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed which lawn mower

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have about 0.5 acre back garden and I bought one of these for £300 off ebay actually makes cutting the lawn an enjoyable task

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
      I have about 0.5 acre back garden and I bought one of these for £300 off ebay actually makes cutting the lawn an enjoyable task

get a ride on mower and you can drink beer while cutting the grass!

Comment

Yo Fandango,

if I get a ride on shall I get it with the grass collector or chuck it out the side ?

Does that thing leave lines of grass cuttings across the lawn

Milan.

Comment

Get a sheep.

It will also mean you can pop your cherry.....

Comment

How does this cope if you have flat flagstones in the garden, similar to the ones in your picture?
            Have a similar sized garden, how long does it take?
            I get a gardener in periodically and he costs a fortune so thinking of doing it myself.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              How does this cope if you have flat flagstones in the garden, similar to the ones in your picture?
              Have a similar sized garden, how long does it take?
              I get a gardener in periodically and he costs a fortune so thinking of doing it myself.
              FFS what does it take to tend to a tub of pampas grass on your balcony?

Comment

Afternoon SAS

ok if I get a ride on it's gonna be second hand,

what shall I get, Honda or John Deere ?

I don't want a no name which cannot be fixed and doesn't have spare parts availability

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Afternoon SAS

ok if I get a ride on it's gonna be second hand,

what shall I get, Honda or John Deere ?

I don't want a no name which cannot be fixed and doesn't have spare parts availability

Milan.
                  Second hand? INKSPE! This is probably about your level:

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                    Just picked up a reconditioned Hayter Harrier for £175 off eBay. 16 inch cut & has a roller so I get stripes. I do like stripes.....

Very soon you will wish you'd bought a 21" version

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've got a Zero turn recycler mower with a 50 inch deck with which I mow about 2 acres, the remaining acres animals graze on. Zero turns are about 2 times faster than the old style sit on and cope with inclines more easily plus it mulches so no grass collection and it fertilizes the grass.

Comment

Working...
                      X