• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    if the role didn't include training up its hardly reasonable to expect you to train your replacement.

Take a half day & work from home the rest.
    Funny. If I'm asked to do something not on the job description I roll my sleeves up and get on with.

"Not my job" is what permies say.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      Rule one, make sure your willy isn't hanging out.

Here endeth the lesson
      It helps when MF is conducting interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
        Funny. If I'm asked to do something not on the job description I roll my sleeves up and get on with.

"Not my job" is what permies say.
        Sounds like mutuality of obligation and direction and control to me, if you aren't careful.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Sounds like mutuality of obligation and direction and control to me, if you aren't careful.
          +1 Hope he's declared himself inside IR35

Comment

This is happening quite a lot now. In my last 2 contracts i was asked to document everything I do and then replaced by cheaper bods.
            In my next role i will flatly refuse to document anything or train anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Rule one, make sure your willy isn't hanging out.

Here endeth the lesson
              Is THAT what I've been doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
              X