• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why your taxes will rise sharply and your families standard of living will fall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Hands up who knows their NHS number? Hands up who thinks they could remember their NHS number whilst being wheeled into A&E with blood pouring out of an open wound?

It was interesting when I went to a private hospital last year the first thing the receptionist asked was how I was paying. It just seemed so completely alien when you've grown up in a country with free healthcare. I kind of agree with the point, but it's not really fair on doctors and nurses, or receptionists to be the ones to have to tell dying people they're not going to get any help.
    With better border controls via BREXIT this isn't an issue.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Hands up who knows their NHS number? Hands up who thinks they could remember their NHS number whilst being wheeled into A&E with blood pouring out of an open wound?

It was interesting when I went to a private hospital last year the first thing the receptionist asked was how I was paying. It just seemed so completely alien when you've grown up in a country with free healthcare. I kind of agree with the point, but it's not really fair on doctors and nurses, or receptionists to be the ones to have to tell dying people they're not going to get any help.
      What are those jobless thousands of managers for?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        With better border controls via BREXIT this isn't an issue.
        Yes, I agree. We will have a whole new raft of issues.

Comment

NHS is a ******* shambles. As much as I like free healthcare, what we've got at the moment is crap.

3 weeks for a GP appointment and then have to wait hours to get seen. And when I do go there, it's literally full of immigrants who can't speak a word of English.

I don't bother any more. I go and pay £125 for a private walk-in clinic and then another £50 for the bloody prescription.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
            NHS is a ******* shambles. As much as I like free healthcare, what we've got at the moment is crap.

3 weeks for a GP appointment and then have to wait hours to get seen. And when I do go there, it's literally full of immigrants who can't speak a word of English.

I don't bother any more. I go and pay £125 for a private walk-in clinic and then another £50 for the bloody prescription.
            Mirrors my experience exactly. Even though I don't live in an area with a large immigrant population, the doctor's waiting room is like Mogadishu. Can't get an appointment for weeks and when I do I can only have one thing treated. If I want to mention anything else I have to book a double appointment.

I pay and go private opposite where I'm working, generally same day. Sorted.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Mirrors my experience exactly. Even though I don't live in an area with a large immigrant population.
              The same for when both my kids were born. The quiet corner of the UK where I live isn't known for being diverse, but the maternity ward, on both occasions, certainly was.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Indeed they are.

However IVF does not cure the sick, as such it is a luxury the NHS cannot afford.

I think people should pay for IVF on your own coin.
                How about bariatric surgery?
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

I don't know what all you Xenophobics are on about, its a fact NHS tourism costs £200 million that is all!!!!!!!! This is a carefully calculated value that we repeat every year it absolutely isn't a small figure we picked out of the air.

I would imagine its a calculation based on believed age & number of the migrants and comparing it with a similar population in a settled country ignoring the self selecting nature of the migrants with health problems, higher risk of contracting something on the way and the poorer health of the host countries.

So any suggestion you are the only one in the doctors surgery that speak English then its obvious you are just a bunch of racists.

Unfortunately while we feel we can play God it seems we don't actually know what we are doing.

Test tube babies could die sooner - Telegraph
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Interesting info

NHS spending on the top three disease categories in England | The Nuffield Trust

Seems the NHS spends most on treating mental health
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      How much do we spent per person we kill in foreign countries?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X