• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why your taxes will rise sharply and your families standard of living will fall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I don't know what all you Xenophobics are on about, its a fact NHS tourism costs £200 million that is all!!!!!!!! This is a carefully calculated value that we repeat every year it absolutely isn't a small figure we picked out of the air.
    About 0.2% of the budget. So yes clearly health tourism is the reason you wait 3 weeks for an appointment.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      With better border controls via BREXIT this isn't an issue.
      Oh - the naivety of youth!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why your taxes will rise sharply and your families standard of living will fall

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        How about bariatric surgery?
        Good question.

I would rather see the money spent on fat camps run by ex forces.

Sweat the iron bru off them.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 21 March 2016, 12:13.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
          NHS is a ******* shambles. As much as I like free healthcare, what we've got at the moment is crap.

3 weeks for a GP appointment and then have to wait hours to get seen. And when I do go there, it's literally full of immigrants who can't speak a word of English.
          I will tell you a little secret - if they think you are genuinely ill they see you on the day. They don't want you going off to A&E as an emergency otherwise they get in trouble.

I don't bother any more. I go and pay £125 for a private walk-in clinic and then another £50 for the bloody prescription.
          Then you are clearly too lazy to phone up at 8am or line up at the surgery at 7.45am.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

200 million pounds is indeed a princely sum, if we could realistically reduce that by say 30% then that would be an annual saving of 2 pounds a year for each tax payer.

This is definitely something to get worked up about.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Then you are clearly too lazy to phone up at 8am or line up at the surgery at 7.45am.
              Last time I got in for 8am appointment I was sitting around until past 1pm before I got seen. Is that lazy? Prat.

Comment

EU exit will cost Britain £55billion every year unless borders are kept open - Telegraph

Britain will be forced to have even more open borders if it leaves the European Union or face losing up to £55 billion a year by 2030 - a sum that could trigger a recession, a comprehensive analysis has found.
                Looks like a government handling a Brexit might actually end up opening the borders more.

I can see that coming. Will obviously be a great source for Daily Mail articles, and "frothing at the mouth" comments at the bottom.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Britain will be forced to have even more open borders if it leaves the European Union or face losing up to £55 billion a year by 2030 - a sum that could trigger a recession, a comprehensive analysis has found.
                  analysis by "Open Europe, the influential think tank"

So that is unbiased then?

Comment

These miltants who were on the streets of London for last weekend's "Refugees Welcome" rally were all wearing "l love the NHS" tee shirts while gnashing their teeth and shoulder charging hapless bystanders out of there way.

Now, this raises 2 questions; firstly, if you love the NHS there is some debate to be had vis a vis the net contribution made to said institution by the proposed immigrant onslaught.

But I'm not really intersetd in that....

I'm more ineterested in the second issue and that is going round in "I love the NHS" tee shirts while trying to look mean and angry is a bit, well, gay for want of a better word.

Not very rock 'n' roll is it? What happened to the old Brigatte Rosse and Bader Meinhoff slogans that one would sport back in the day when I used to be a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm ?

Comment

Last time I got in for 8am appointment I was sitting around until past 1pm before I got seen. Is that lazy?
                      Unless your appointment is at within the next 45 minutes go home again.

I've also waited hours to be seen. I've learnt to try and get appointments for around 3.30pm during term time. Strangely no one wants those appointments.....

Prat
                      You are the prat for blaming immigrants when the real reason you are waiting is no doctor wants to be a GP.

When I was a child my GPs were both from abroad because very few British doctors wanted to be a GP in Inner London.

The Labour party came into power and bribed GPs so loads of British doctors wanted to be one to work 4 days a week and do no on-calls.

Now doctors realised they have to work long hours and won't be partners, so no British doctor wants to be one again.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X