• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Correct way to make a cup of tea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the same with wine - a thin-lipped glass makes the flavour of the wine stand out more than a thicker one. There is science behind it, but I can't remember why.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

FWIW, the "Correct way to make a cup of tea" does not involve tea bags. Peasants.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        FWIW, the "Correct way to make a cup of tea" does not involve tea bags. Peasants.

HTH.
        Tea leaves? That brings back memories of trips to see Grandparents. Weak tea with bits in and UHT milk. Yuck.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm going to try to get ISO 3103 certification to add to my CV and see what reaction it gets in interviews.
          For the Army instant contract, for the Coffee drinking lifestyle plebs in any metropolis it will be 'does that run on an iPhone'.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post

HTH.
            Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Tea leaves?
            Nope, a butler.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              I'm going to try to get ISO 3103 certification to add to my CV and see what reaction it gets in interviews. ..
              Chortle! I bet nobody wiould bother looking it up. Might do the same on my CV

Worse case scenario though, at an old fashioned site, is that being the resident expert you'll be on permanent tea making duty for the entire office!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This thread will probably run and run

While I think of it, aren't we about due for another fox hunting thread?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Tea leaves? That brings back memories of trips to see Grandparents. Weak tea with bits in and UHT milk. Yuck.
                  Those aren't leaves they are scrapings of the floor.

Leaves are leaves.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    This thread will probably run and run

While I think of it, aren't we about due for another fox hunting thread?
                    Burn him.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea bags go in a tea pot or a mug, never a cup. Only pretentious two-hats would put a bag straight in a cup.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X