• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit looming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit looming

Wake up — Britain is heading for Brexit - FT.com

Britain’s Leave campaign will put immigration and border controls at the centre of its campaign — and that could be a winning tactic. The polls suggest the public is overwhelmingly sympathetic to the idea that Britain needs to restrict immigration. Prime Minister David Cameron’s attempted renegotiation of the terms of Britain’s membership of the EU was unable to deliver much on this score. The principle of free movement of labour within the EU remains untouched — and the Leave campaign will make sure every voter knows that.
    ICM poll gives Brexit two point lead - Business Insider

A new poll shows support for Britain leaving the EU now stands at 43% – that's 2% ahead of support for remaining in.

Is that like the poll saying Scotland was going to vote to leave?

We're not going to vote to leave. You may want it, even I am leaning that way, but in the real world it ain't going to happen and wishing for it won't change that.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So 43/41. Sounds like a draw within sampling error.

We will stay in......

Comment

Tis true, everyone will vote out, but somehow the in voters will win. Rigged is not the word....

Comment

I think deluded is the word.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think deluded is the word.
            You have time. I'm sure you'll come around.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              You have time. I'm sure you'll come around.
              To what? I already said I was leaning towards voting out.

Comment

If the leave campaign support waterboarding then they get my vote

You Won't Believe What Trump Said About The Brussels Attack | KIIS 1065 Sydney
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  To what? I already said I was leaning towards voting out.
                  Already?

Excellent, nothing to see here

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    If the leave campaign support waterboarding then they get my vote

You Won't Believe What Trump Said About The Brussels Attack | KIIS 1065 Sydney
                    The problem with waterboarding is that people will say anything to get it to stop. It gets you nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X