• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New job ooop North

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Remember, as long as it is free ....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      Your lunch....

That cake is called a Manchester Tart
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

That's the thing about Corrie that always baffled me; it's based in Salford but half of them have accents from Lancashire.
        Many have Yorkshire accents.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
          Vera Duckworth was from Leeds

Comment

Manchester is not recognisable to me from what it was even in the late 90's.

I think its is one the best places to live and work and I have been around the world quite a bit.

Don't really want to work back in London again if i can help it but I know my next contract will more than likely be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
              Manchester is not recognisable to me from what it was even in the late 90's.

I think its is one the best places to live and work and I have been around the world quite a bit.

Don't really want to work back in London again if i can help it but I know my next contract will more than likely be there.
              The same could be said for many cities one way or the other. Leeds used to be a bit of dump back then but it's a great place now.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                Vera Duckworth was from Leeds
                Vera Duckworth was from Manchester...

Vera Duckworth - Coronation Street Wiki - Wikia

Liz Dawn, however, is from Leeds.

Elizabeth Dawn - Coronation Street Wiki - Wikia

Jack P Sheppard (David Platt) went to Intake School round he corner from me.

Comment

That too. I would expect more to sound like Ryan Giggs and Terry Christian.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That too. I would expect more to sound like Ryan Giggs and Terry Christian.
                    Giggs was born in Cardiff, Bez and Sean Rider should be in Corrie, they could run the garage doing cut n shuts and dodgy MOTs.

Comment

Giggs was born in Cardiff, Bez and Sean Rider should be in Corrie, they could run the garage doing cut n shuts and dodgy MOTs.
                      Just been a-googling, I knew Shaun Ryder was from Little Hulton, not far from Bolton where I'm from, and a total shiitehole and ruff as fook, but I didn't know Bez is from Bolton, just doesn't have a Bolton accent at all.....

Comment

Working...
                      X