• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple and phone privacy etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nope.

I couldn't think of a modern day massacre committed by one person/two people where the bodies were hidden.
    Given the moors murders were more serial killings (like the two rippers), then I suppose it is different. I don't think the point of killing sprees is to conceal the victims - it's more shock and awe of the devastation inflicted, be that Columbine, Hungerford, wherever. Hiding the bodies typically indicates that there are more planned.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well, that didn't take long.

Beeby Linky

Police in Arkansas wish to unlock an iPhone and iPod belonging to two teenagers accused of killing a couple, according to the Associated Press (AP).

A judge agreed to postpone the Arkansas case on 28 March to allow prosecutors to ask the FBI for help.
      Hunter Drexler, 18, and Justin Staton, 15, are accused of killing Robert and Patricia Cogdell at their home in Conway, Arkansas last July.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Well, that didn't take long.

Beeby Linky

Police in Arkansas wish to unlock an iPhone and iPod belonging to two teenagers accused of killing a couple, according to the Associated Press (AP).

A judge agreed to postpone the Arkansas case on 28 March to allow prosecutors to ask the FBI for help.
        Hunter Drexler, 18, and Justin Staton, 15, are accused of killing Robert and Patricia Cogdell at their home in Conway, Arkansas last July.
        I wouldn't be surprised if this has been on going for years, it just happens to be newsworthy now.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if this has been on going for years, it just happens to be newsworthy now.
          There's loads of such cases all over the US, which is one of the reasons Apple was standing so firm over the No Writs Act order. The FBI's already agreed to help with one from NY that's been dragging through the courts for ages.

Of course, not all of them will involve older models, so there's no guarantee the FBI/Israeli technique will work on many of them.

Comment

I think the FBI has been a bit stupid here. Apple will now be hunting for a flaw that they didn't know existed before and the bad guys will know not to use the older models.

Why do you think we kept Bletchley Park so secret during and after the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
              I think the FBI has been a bit stupid here.
              The FBI have been stupid from the beginning.

They wrongly thought that they would get full public support by winning a court case against a tech company over a terrorist's phone.

They forget loads of Americans don't trust the government and them.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The cases keep coming - linky

If the kid wanted his photos shared he would have uploaded them to somewhere.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The FBI have been stupid from the beginning.

They wrongly thought that they would get full public support by winning a court case against a tech company over a terrorist's phone.

They forget loads of Americans don't trust the government and them.
                  I was trying to be kind to them - an odd concept in General I'll agree

Comment

The cases keep coming - linky

If the kid wanted his photos shared he would have uploaded them to somewhere.
                    Also, it's an iPhone 6. No reason to suppose the FBI's one cool trick will work on it, given the much more sophisticated hardware security.

Comment

Working...
                    X