• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax year tomorrow - travel expense today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tax year tomorrow - travel expense today?

Hi all,

I'm just thinking, tomorrow is the start of a new tax year where we'll all be worse off (thanks George). In the changes he's taking away the ability to expense travel and sustenance.

So I was thinking of buying an Annual Travel card today (London) for the year ahead, as an expenseto stay within todays rules. What do you think? Good/bad idea?

Thanks.

Originally posted by theturning View Post
    I'm just thinking, tomorrow is the start of a new tax year
    Think harder. It isn't.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Think harder. It isn't.
      Only an utter moron would make that mistake...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theturning View Post
        Hi all,

I'm just thinking, tomorrow is the start of a new tax year where we'll all be worse off (thanks George). In the changes he's taking away the ability to expense travel and sustenance.

So I was thinking of buying an Annual Travel card today (London) for the year ahead, as an expenseto stay within todays rules. What do you think? Good/bad idea?

Thanks.
        Excellent idea. Thank you.

Comment

If your business year is set up to start on the 5th (which accounts seem to like) it is.

May have changed but when I looked you had to apportion purchases of significant consumables & invoices across the tax years they were used.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X